Aim to help Darnall people to stay healthy. To do this we run a variety of activities which can help to improve people’s physical and emotional wellbeing. Programme of activities include health walks, tai chi, gym sessions, complimentary therapies, aerobics, chairobics, smoking cessation, exercise referrals, social prescribing.
This member delivers the following services. Please contact them for more details:
Health and wellbeing
1. Core Activity Programme (including men/women gym sessions, health walks, tai chi, swimming)
2. Over 10 years
3. Mix-funding: NHS Contracts and one-off grants
4. We are planning to develop our health walks provision
5. Key outputs: regular and consistent attendance representative of community, increased physical activity, improvement in health conditions and overall well being.
1. Community Stop Smoking Service
2. 1.5 years
3. NHS Contract
4. No plans to expand. Small reduction in hours will be implemented when worker goes on maternity leave.
5. key outputs 12 events, 40 setting quit dates and 20 4-week quits. Key outcomes: reaching sections of the community that may not otherwise stop smoking without this service
1. 1:1 Health Trainer Support
2. 3 months
3. NHS Contract
4. Will be extended subject to funding and success of project – possible plans to expand provision to other communities such as Slovak and Romani.
5. Key outcomes: reaching BME communities and helping to make positive changes in healthy eating, diet and levels of physical activity
1. Outreach Play
2. 2 years
3. Big Lottery – Sheffield City Council
4. Contract finishes March 2011
5. Key outcomes: increased play provision within most deprived areas of community where there is no other provision, healthier families, reduced anti-social behaviour
1. Social Prescribing
2. 3 years
3. Core funded through EPHP Contracts
4. Due to continue as is
5. Key outcomes: signposting people to new opportunities related to their health and well being, increased awareness and access to opportunities, positive lifestyle changes.
This member operates in the following areas of Sheffield: